Armed Security in a Court Room
Security is always a top priority, and it is all the more necessary when you’re involved in a lawsuit proceeding, particularly if it is a criminal case. Apart from hiring an attorney to work on your case, you may need to hire a security officer for your own protection. If the case is quite critical, and it poses a threat to your life, hiring an armed officer will then be required. But what does armed security entail?
In this article, we’ll share with you what you need to know about armed security amid lawsuit cases:
Security measures in a courtroom
When we talk about armed security, you may think of having your hired security officer in the courtroom as well during a case hearing. However, keep in mind that most modern courtrooms already have a robust security measure set in place. They most likely have security systems put in place and security personnel positioned in the area to disallow any unrelated individuals from entering the courtroom.
For instance, imaging technologies stop people from carrying weapons while video surveillance cameras allow officers to monitor all the activities inside. Even deployed officers know how to control and maintain the peace and order within the premises. Keep in mind that your armed security officer may not be allowed inside the courtroom in most cases.
The need for armed security during a lawsuit
Sure, you may not have your armed security officer inside the courtroom due to the internal courthouse security. However, you may still need to hire one during a lawsuit for a handful of reasons. Take note of the following:
- In the courtroom: As mentioned above, your hired armed security officer may not be allowed inside the courtroom. In fact, weapons have not been allowed for years, so you might want to hire an unarmed officer with you instead. In recent years, however, such a restriction has changed. Some states now allow weapons in the courtroom, so you may have your armed security officer during a court hearing.
- Outside of the courtroom: When dealing with a critical lawsuit, you must be prepared to have private protection for potential physical harm or life threats. You may all the more need additional protection outside of the courtroom, which is why hiring an armed security officer can make a difference in your security and give you the utmost peace of mind.
Types of armed security during a lawsuit
When it comes to armed security in the event of a lawsuit, you have three options to choose from, as follows:
- Personal security: If you are a person with wealth, notoriety, and power, you’ll most likely face security threats such as harassment and violence even when you’re walking outdoors. For this reason, having armed security will keep you safe and protected during a lawsuit case, whether inside or outside the courtroom.
- Family security: If you’re involved in a family-related dispute, such as custody cases and contentious divorces, you’ll most likely need an armed security officer to protect you and some members of your family.
- Corporate security: If the lawsuit has to do with business or a corporate setup, where executives and employees are involved, you may think about having robust security measures in the workplace. As such, hiring armed security may be a viable solution for you.
At this point, we’ve covered what you need to know about armed security during a lawsuit. Be sure to consider all the valuable information discussed above so that you can make a well-informed decision. We hope that this article has shed some light on the value and importance of armed security personnel during lawsuits!
Are you looking for armed security personnel for a lawsuit? We’ve got you covered! We’re a specialized security company that provides highly effective security services for any purpose. Get in touch with us today to see how we can help!